At first sight, the process of bathing seems to be difficult. Once you get used to it, you and your baby will really enjoy the process of bathing. The following tips will help you bathe your baby safely and properly.
1. Never leave your baby alone in the bath. Make sure you are not distracted. There should be no fuss. Even if someone calls you by phone or in the door, do not leave the bathroom. If necessary, wrap a child in a thick towel and take with you, but never leave him without attention.
2. Temperature of infant bath should be around 36-38 degrees Celsius. The majority of infants like cooler water than adults, so it is better to use a thermometer to make sure the water temperature is suitable for your baby. Maximum infant bath temperature can be 45 degrees Celsius. In the case if you mix hot and cold water, make sure the result is a desired water temperature.
3. It is necessary to fill the tub for baby bathing no more than 10 cm deep. Even though the amount of water will seem too small, it is quite enough to bathe a baby. Keep in mind that too much water can be dangerous for a baby, so do not risk.
4. Don’t forget that it is very slippery in the bath, so you need to prevent baby sliding inside of it beforehand due to a special mat on the bottom of the tub. Your hands will be free, and you will not have to always hold a baby.
5. You should prepare everything you need in advance, that is to say: two dry and warm towels, a soft sponge, Ph-neutral soap for babies, clean clothes.
6. It is better to put on a special coating on the metal drain hole. You can purchase it at any children’s store.
7. Take care your baby is unable to reach the faucet. It might seem it is difficult enough to open the valve with water, but it may be quite different. This may lead to unintended consequences.