Buying clothes for a growing baby is not easy for many new parents. At present time the choice of baby clothing available in the market is very broad. However, while buying clothes for babies, you need to keep in mind certain basic conditions. First of all, the clothes should be comfortable and suitable, pose no hazard for the baby (such as buttons that might be swallowed). Babies grow out of their clothes quickly, so you should not buy too many clothes at a time. In order to help you buy clothes for newborns, we have provided a number of tips just for you.
Tips on buying baby clothes:
- The first thing to remember is that they must be easy to put on, easily washable and above everything else, comfortable to wear.
- Prefer buying clothes that have a wide neck and can be stretched, because they are easier to wear as well as take off.
- Always go for natural fibers as far as baby clothes are concerned, especially in summers.
- It is always advisable to buy trousers or skirts with elasticized waistbands and shoulder straps, for a baby.
- Try to avoid buying clothes that have buttons, as buttons can off and get swallowed by the baby.
- Avoid clothes that have ties attached to them, as the ties can come off easily and you will have to sew them on again.
- Don’t buy clothes adorned by lace, as babies can get their fingers caught in the lace.
- Don’t opt for clothes with rough stitching that can be uncomfortable for babies.
- Clothes that open in front and have poppers are easier to put on as well as take off the baby.
- Since babies tend to be picked up by so many people so many times, it is better to buy clothes that do not need ironing.